[ncl-talk] Color vectors by angle not amplitude

Maria Gehne - NOAA Affiliate maria.gehne at noaa.gov
Fri Aug 14 14:53:11 MDT 2015

Hi all,

has anybody tried to set the color of vectors in a vector plot by the
angle? It's easy to the set the color based on the amplitude of the vector,
but there is no built-in function that colors vectors by angle. (I think!
Correct me if I'm wrong.) I would still like to have changing amplitude of
the vectors, but the colors associated with the vectors should be dependent
on angle not amplitude.

This way the small amplitude vectors would not be as visible, but the
colors of the angles with the large amplitudes would be.

Thanks,
Maria