[ncl-talk] NCL Masking Optimization

Alan Rhoades alan.m.rhoades at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 13:31:48 MDT 2015

Hello,

I use shapefiles and the NCL masking command for a lot of climate dataset
analysis.  I've recently gotten to the point where I need to start masking
4D data for a rather large shapefile region (over several seasons of data)
and it can take upwards of two days to complete on my local server (which
can be an issue for troubleshooting if something goes wrong in my script).
I was curious if you could take a look at my masking script (see attached)
and give any pointers on how to better optimize and speed-up the masking
process.

All the best,

AR

--

*Alan Rhoades*
*PhD Student, Atmospheric Science Graduate Group*

*"It’s all really there. That’s what really gets you. But you gotta stop
and think about it to really get the pleasure about the complexity, the
inconceivable nature of nature."*
*Richard Feynman*