[ncl-talk] color_bar_show only higher and lowest value and make colorbar continuous(not to show one box per color).

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Thu Aug 6 12:34:01 MDT 2015

Hi Sebastián,
Note that the example you pointed to shows all 252 colors of the BlueRed
colormap, while your example only has 21 contours and thus would only show
22 colors.

You can turn the label bar boxes off by setting lbBoxLinesOn = False*. *See
example #18 here:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/labelbar.shtml#ex18

By turning that resource off, and by using say 100+ colors (and thus
100+contours), one can get the label bar to look continuous.

Hope that helps. If not, please respond to the ncl-talk email list.
Adam

On Wed, Aug 5, 2015 at 3:05 PM, Sebastian Otarola-Bustos <
Sebastian.F.Otarola-Bustos.1 at nd.edu> wrote:

> Hi everyone, I want to modify a colorbar, only to show the higher and
> lower values, and also I don't want to see one box per color. I would like
> to see something continuous like this:
>
> http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/ColorTables/Images/BlueRed_ce.png
>
> Somebody knows the resources I need to set up to be able to do this?
>
> These are the resources I'm using for the temperature contour:
>

>  ;Temperature Options
>  Tres at cnFillOn = True
>  Tres at cnInfoLabelOn =  False
>  Tres at cnLineLabelsOn = False
>  Tres at cnLinesOn = False
>  Tres at cnLevelSelectionMode = "ExplicitLevels"
>  Tres at cnLevels=ispan(-500,500,50)*10^(-2)
>  Tres at cnLineThicknessF = 4.0
>  Tres at cnLineColor = "red"
>  Tres at cnLineLabelPlacementMode = "constant"
>  Tres at cnLineLabelFontColor = "red"
>  Tres at cnFillOpacityF     = 1.0
>  Tres at cnLabelDrawOrder = "PostDraw"
>  Tres at cnLineDrawOrder = "PostDraw"