[ncl-talk] Plotting climate division and counties at the same time

Ling Huang hlbutterflyut at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 21:43:33 MDT 2015

Dear NCL talk,

I want to show boundaries of climate division and counties over the same
plot. But the boundaries of climate divisions and counties are provided by
different map dataset, which means I can only draw each at a time. Is there
a way that I can show them at the same time? For example, I want to combine
the following two plots into one plot.

The left one shows the boundaries of climate divisions and the right one
shows county.

[image: Inline image 1][image: Inline image 2]

I tried to load counties boundaries while reading the "climdiv_polygons.nc"
to plot a polyline for the climate division. But it seems the boundaries do
not match, like below:

[image: Inline image 3]

Is there a way that I can do this?

Thank you very much!