[ncl-talk] issue plotting netCDF4 file

Neil Berg nberg at atmos.ucla.edu
Wed Sep 10 16:52:37 MDT 2014

Hello NCL talk,

I'm having an issue correctly plotting the attached file of CPC precipitation.  I am using NCL v.5.2.0 and the netCDF file was created using the python-netCDF4 package.  I have successfully plotted other netCDF4 files, but this one is not turning out right for some reason.

The contours are not quite what they should be and most notably, there should not be any contours over the ocean (only land data is real, ocean values should be treated as missing).  I've tried converting this file to netCDF4-classic, but the same issue results.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Neil Berg