[ncl-talk] NCL

Maria Gehne - NOAA Affiliate maria.gehne at noaa.gov
Wed Sep 10 10:55:20 MDT 2014

Kunal,

you really need to give more information in your emails. What is the error?
What line did the error occur? You can't expect other people to go through
your scripts for you and find that information.

In you current script I believe you need to include a time dimension in
your time series. The way you are doing it now you are computing the
correlation in longitude. Is that what you want? Also the documentation for
esccr http://ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/esccr.shtml is very
clear on what the dimensions of the output (ccr in your case) will be. Your
inputs have the same size and are two dimensional so the output will be two
dimensional and have dimension sizes (lat,mxlag). When you try to plot you
are trying to access the third dimension which does not exist so you end up
with the error.

Again, please carefully read the documentation and the error message before
posting to ncl-talk. Usually these resources will give you a good idea of
what is going on.

Maria