[ncl-talk] mean value of all displayed grid points / pixel in a map

Kreienkamp Frank Frank.Kreienkamp at dwd.de
Wed Sep 3 00:07:46 MDT 2014

Hello Dennis,

if i read the webpage correctly the suggested functions are not what i am looking for.

Yes, I am looking for an areal average.

No, it is not for an rectangular grid.

I have an rectangular grid as the ‘base’. Using this grid and a polar stereographic projection I am drawing a map. This map is showing  only a part of the hole ‘base’ grid. I am looking for an average of this shown/drawn part.

Writing the same from a different view. I am looking for a function what calculates the average values of the presented map. See the example in my previous e-mail.

As far a I understand the description correctly this in not what the function wgt_areaave_wrap provides.

Thanks in advance
Frank