[ncl-talk] x label query

Karin Meier-Fleischer meier-fleischer at dkrz.de
Tue Oct 28 11:30:15 MDT 2014

Hi Kunal,

the problem is that your data contains a time dimension with units
"day". If you set
the time units like "days since 2012-01-01T00:00:00Z" which is the TDim
startValue
attribute in your file, it will plot from Jan 01 to Mar 31.

So insert the following line after TDim = f->TDim

   TDim = f->TDim              ; this is our x
   TDim at units = "days since " + TDim at startValue
   nTDim = dimsizes(TDim)

Bye,
Karin

Am 27.10.14 23:03, schrieb Kunal Bali:
> please find attachment ??
>

> Kunal Bali
> Research Scholar
> Radio & Atmospheric Science Division
> CSIR - National Physical Laboratory
> New Delhi - 110012
>

> On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 7:59 AM, Karin Meier-Fleischer
> <meier-fleischer at dkrz.de <mailto:meier-fleischer at dkrz.de>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Kunal,
>
>     without knowing your data it's nearly not possible to say what's
>     maybe going wrong.
>     Can you provide the cloud.nc <http://cloud.nc> file if it is not
>     too large.
>
>     Bye,
>     Karin
>
>     Am 27.10.14 06:50, schrieb Kunal Bali:
>>     Dear NCL users
>>
>>     I run the attached script file and result giving from Jan 01 to
>>     Apr 01 with 5 days intervals. But I want to label x axis from Jan
>>     01 to 31 Mar ??
>>
>>     As i tried to adjust the intervals values but it didn't work
>>     properly. I am not getting the same interval values for 3 months.
>>
>>     please tell me about this
>>
>>     Thank You
>>
>>     Kunal Bali
>>     Research Scholar
>>     Radio & Atmospheric Science Division
>>     CSIR - National Physical Laboratory
>>     New Delhi - 110012
>>

>>     On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 6:22 AM, Alan Brammer
>>     <abrammer at albany.edu <mailto:abrammer at albany.edu>> wrote:
>>
>>         Forgot ncl-talk.
>>

>>         https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/tm.shtml#tmXBMinorOn
>>

>>         Please try to search your queries it'll save you 24+ hours
>>         and the rest of us 60 seconds doing it for you.
>>
>>          Good luck.
>>
>>         On Sat, Oct 25, 2014 at 4:10 AM, Kunal Bali
>>         <kunal.bali9 at gmail.com <mailto:kunal.bali9 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>             Dear NCL users
>>
>>             How to create the minor tick mark.
>>
>>             I am using the scripts given below
>>

>>             ;****************************************************
>>             load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_code.ncl"
>>             load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_csm.ncl"
>>             load
>>             "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/contrib/time_axis_labels.ncl"
>>
>>             ;****************************************************
>>             begin
>>             ;***************************
>>             ; read in data
>>             ;***************************
>>               f    = addfile
>>             ("/home/kunal/Pictures/NCL_Scripts/plot/cloud.nc
>>             <http://cloud.nc>" , "r")
>>               t    = f->Cloud_Optical_Thickness_Combined_QA_Mean
>>
>>               TDim = f->TDim              ; this is our x
>>               nTDim = dimsizes(TDim)
>>

>>               wks_type = "pdf"
>>               wks_type at wkPaperSize = "A4"
>>               wks = gsn_open_wks(wks_type,"cloud3")
>>

>>               ; resources for "left" variable
>>               res                        = True
>>               res at xyLineThicknesses      = 2.5                 ;
>>             thicker line
>>               res at xyLineColor = "Blue"
> [...]

Dipl. Geophys. Karin Meier-Fleischer
Visualization
Application Support

Deutsches Klimarechenzentrum GmbH (DKRZ)
Bundesstrasse 45a - D20146 Hamburg - Germany

Phone:    +49 (0)40 460094 126
Fax:      +49 (0)40 460094 270
E-Mail:   meier-fleischer at dkrz.de

Geschäftsführer: Prof. Dr. Thomas Ludwig
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
Amtsgericht Hamburg HRB 39784