[ncl-talk] about install ncl under cygwin (win8 64bit)

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Thu Oct 23 20:58:03 MDT 2014

Hi Guanhuan,

Part of the reason we don't have a 64-bit version of NCL for Cygwin yet is
because not all of the external software packages that NCL depends on can
be compiled in 64-bit Cygwin yet.

You can still run the 32-bit Cygwin binary on a 64-bit system, but you need
to be running it under the 32-bit version of Cygwin.  I believe it is
possible to install both 32-bit and 64-bit Cygwins on the same system, as
they don't share the same directory space, but you will only be able to
install NCL in the 32-bit one.

--Mary