[ncl-talk] vectors in a cross section

Evelyn Grell - NOAA Affiliate evelyn.grell at noaa.gov
Thu Oct 16 17:16:55 MDT 2014

Hi all,

I have a question that is sort of along the same lines as that of Wolfgang
Langhans...
I am plotting wind vectors in a cross section, such that the vectors
include the horizontal wind component along the cross section line, and the
vertical wind component (w).
I scaled w based on the viewport size and the distance covered by the cross
section in the horizontal compared to the vertical.
My question: Is there a way to get 2 reference vectors, one for the
horizontal component, and one for the vertical component?  I am thinking it
would look like a right angle, with 2 different numbers showing the
horizontal/vertical wind speeds.

Thanks!
Evelyn