[ncl-talk] significance

Alan Brammer abrammer at albany.edu
Mon Nov 17 08:25:01 MST 2014

Not entirely clear what the problem is in your email.  You seem to have presented both the intended outcome and the solution.

It is however noted on the NCL documentation of ShadeLtContour that it has been superceeded by gsn_contour_shade. That may have more flexibility for your intended results.

Or are you asking on peoples preferences of shading the significant or the insignificant area of a plot?  If that’s the case, then I don’t think there is a standard and it is personal preference.

Alan.

--
Alan Brammer
PhD Candidate — African Easterly Waves and TC genesis