[ncl-talk] different labels than contour interval

Kyle Griffin ksgriffin2 at wisc.edu
Thu Nov 13 09:46:36 MST 2014

Since the lbLabelValues (not a real resource, but I'll refer to the concept
of that anyway) is controlled by the contour plot it's associated with,
you'd have to forcibly change the plot. You also have the option of
creating your own label bar from scratch and attaching it, but that's even
more of a hassle than the explicit strings with the trade off of being able
to control every aspect of the label bar without affecting the plot.

https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/labelbar.shtml

Example 5 is essentially the level of control we're taking with editing
some of the parameters in general, but Example 10 would be a completely
independent label bar. Example 12's positioning advice would also be
relevant should you decide to go down that route.

Kyle

Kyle S. Griffin
Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
University of Wisconsin - Madison
Room 1421
1225 W Dayton St, Madison, WI 53706
Email: ksgriffin2 at wisc.edu