[ncl-talk] Error in shape file script

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Wed Nov 12 09:38:01 MST 2014

Hi,

I don't fully understand your script, but at line 249, you are looping over
the number of lat/lon values in the shapefile:

        do iltn=0,nlatlon_shp-1
        ;---gc_inout returns True if point is inside lat/lon area.
            if(ismissing(tmax1_mask(iltn))) then

and indexing into tmax1_mask based upon "iltn".  But tmax1_mask was
dimensioned as:

  values = asciiread("tmax-had45.txt",-1,"float")
  ncols = 15
  tmax1 = values(2::ncols)
  tmax1_mask = new(dimsizes(tmax1),typeof(tmax1),tmsg)

So its dimensions would seem to be unrelated to the number of points in the
shapefile (?)

In any case, the error message means what it says -- an attempt to access
an array outside its bounds.

Hope that helps pinpoint your problem...
Rick