[ncl-talk] Scatter plot

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Wed Nov 12 08:05:06 MST 2014

If you simply want to create a map plot with scattered dots or some other
kind of markers on it, then you should use gsn_csm_map to create the map,
and gsn_add_polymarker to add the dots to the map.

We have a few examples of this at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/polyg.shtml

See examples polyg_8.ncl, polyg_14.ncl, polyg_15.ncl.

If this is not what you want, then please be very specific about what you
mean by a "scatter lat lon" plot.

--Mary