[ncl-talk] mean value of all displayed grid points / pixel in a map

Frank Kreienkamp Frank.Kreienkamp at dwd.de
Tue Aug 26 22:37:21 MDT 2014

Hello,

i have searched the function list but i have not found a solution for
the following problem.

I want to calculate the mean value of all displayed grid points in a map.

This means:
- i have gridded data for the entire world (gcm-results)
- i plot a map (stereographic projection) for Europe

NCL draws a rectangle map based on the given resource parameters. I am
looking for a function which counts all displayed values (pixel?) and
calculates an average value.

Thanks in advance
Frank