[ncl-talk] How to define the size of color box when drawing a contour map using res at cnFillMode= "RasterFill" ?

Karin Meier-Fleischer meier-fleischer at dkrz.de
Tue Aug 19 03:14:22 MDT 2014

Hi Xiaofeng,

the size of the color boxes refers to the data values of the grid cells
- they have the same size.

See:
http://ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/cn.shtml

/|RasterFill|/
    /*ContourPlot*
    <http://ncl.ucar.edu/Document/HLUs/Classes/ContourPlot.shtml>//generates
    a representation of the data by individually assigning colors to the
    elements of a two-dimensional array of rectangular cells (a raster
    array) superimposed on an area bounding the data grid. With raster
    mode, only solid fill is possible, and therefore resources related
    to fill pattern specification have no effect. //*The color of each
    cell is determined based on the fill color assigned to the data
    value at the cell's location.*//../

If you have the impression that the color boxes are bigger than the grid
cells, maybe there are more than one grid cell filled with the same
color because they have the same data value.

Bye,
Karin

Am 19.08.14 11:02, schrieb heaven_bird334:
> Dear All,
>          Is there anyone know how to define the size of the color box
> when drawing a contour map using res at cnFillMode="RasterFill" ?
> I'm draw a RasterFill map, but the defalt size of the color box are
> too big (bigger than the resolution of input data), so I want to make
> the color box smaller. However, it seems there are no instructions
> about such kind of setting in the following web site:
> http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/raster.shtml .
>         Any information or help is grateful.
> Best Regards,
> Xiaofeng

Dipl. Geophys. Karin Meier-Fleischer
Visualization
Application Support

Deutsches Klimarechenzentrum GmbH (DKRZ)
Bundesstrasse 45a - D20146 Hamburg - Germany

Phone:    +49 (0)40 460094 126
Fax:      +49 (0)40 460094 270
E-Mail:   meier-fleischer at dkrz.de

Geschäftsführer: Prof. Dr. Thomas Ludwig
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
Amtsgericht Hamburg HRB 39784