[ncl-talk] How to create two y axis with a common x axis in bar plot

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Mon Aug 4 08:29:44 MDT 2014

Ipsita,

In order to overlay a bunch of bar charts, it works best if you can shift
each of the bars by a certain bar width, and then you can draw them
side-by-side.  I think you may have used part of bar_11.ncl on our bar
examples page, and this is a good one to work with. However, you want to
add some overlay code in there, which will make all the plots part of the
same plot.

The key is to draw each set of bars with a slightly shifted set of X
values, so the bars are drawn next to each other.

See the attached example and script.

--Mary