[ncl-install] error: gram received signal SIGSEGV: Segmentation fault - invalid memory reference.

John Moisan jrmoisan at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 15:44:54 MDT 2019

Hello,

The responses to the unix commands asked for in the web site are below.

Here is my problem.  I am having no problem using ncargf90 to compile my code.  However, when the “permil” call is made I get the following error….

gram received signal SIGSEGV: Segmentation fault - invalid memory reference.

Backtrace for this error:
#0  0x10413f72c
#1  0x10413ead3
#2  0x7fff72703b3c
#3  0x7fff725be958
#4  0x10413f078
#5  0x1042fbf25
#6  0x10430ccf7
#7  0x103b30b5c
#8  0x103b31535
#9  0x103b15a45
#10  0x103ba4c6f
Segmentation fault

I thought is might have been a memory allocation, but I have the .cshrc and .login setting up the memory with
limit stack size unlimited

John

[Johns-MacBook-Air:~] jmoisan% which ncl
/usr/local/ncl-6.5.0/bin/ncl
[Johns-MacBook-Air:~] jmoisan% otool -L 'which ncl'
/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/objdump: 'which ncl': No such file or directory
[Johns-MacBook-Air:~] jmoisan% env | grep NCARG
NCARG_ROOT=/usr/local/ncl-6.5.0
[Johns-MacBook-Air:~] jmoisan% which gcc
/usr/local/bin/gcc
[Johns-MacBook-Air:~] jmoisan% which gfortran
/usr/local/bin/gfortran
[Johns-MacBook-Air:~] jmoisan% gfortran --version
GNU Fortran (GCC) 8.1.0

[Johns-MacBook-Air:~] jmoisan% gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 8.1.0