[ncl-install] NaN value of wrf_cape_3d function

nafiseh pegahfar pegahfar at inio.ac.ir
Sun Jan 6 06:00:11 MST 2019

To whom it may concern,

I used "wrf_cape_3d" function to calculate Cape. for this aim I used 3D vand
2D values. unfortunately in some points (based on lat/lon)  NaN value for
cape is seen. I am sure that all data have correct units. Input values for a
point is reported as below:

cape=9.969209968386869e+36

level=92500
TK=300.6299140816899
rv=0.008510922866573187
GPH=723.139880629395
z=0.7325572010323265
p=100078.4522848937
I think where rv value is less that 0.01, this nan value appears.
please help me to overcome to these nan values
Best Regards
Nafiseh Pegahfar
Assistant Professor
Iranian National Institute for Oceanography and Atmospheric Science
(http://www.inio.ac.ir)
Phone: (0098)21- 66944873-5 Ext. 224
Fax: (0098)21- 66944869
Email: (pegahfar at inio.ac.ir)