[ncl-install] Binary for NCL

Kevin Hallock hallock at ucar.edu
Wed May 2 12:29:54 MDT 2018

Hi Hannah,

Could you please confirm which version of Red Hat you are using by running the command “lsb_release -d”?

I suspect that “4.4.7” may be the version of GCC on your machine, and that you might actually be running Red Hat 6.x.

If you are in fact running Red Hat 6, our pre-compiled “ncl_ncarg-6.4.0-RHEL6.4_64bit_gnu447.tar.gz” tarball would probably be your best option: https://www.earthsystemgrid.org/dataset/ncl.640.dap/file.html <https://www.earthsystemgrid.org/dataset/ncl.640.dap/file.html>

I hope this helps,
Kevin