[ncl-install] NCL download

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Thu Mar 22 17:32:14 MDT 2018

Hi Andrew,

Sorry for the hassle, things are still down with no estimated uptime yet.

You can get the request binary with wget or ftp:

wget ftp.ucar.edu:/pub/scd/haley/ncl_ncarg-6.4.0-CentOS7.3_64bit_
gnu485.tar.gz

or:

    ftp ftp.ucar.edu
    <log in as "anonymous">
    <Use email address as password>
    cd pub/scd/haley
    get ncl_ncarg-6.4.0-CentOS7.3_64bit_gnu485.tar.gz
    quit

Your version of NetCDF should not affect the NCL binary. NCL 6.4.0 was
built statically against the NetCDF library, which means NetCDF is part of
the "ncl" executable and doesn't depend on NetCDF already being on your
system.

Thanks for your patience.

--Mary