[ncl-install] ESG is still down, no ETA on when it will be back up

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Mon Mar 19 09:45:30 MDT 2018

The ESG system (www.earthsystemgrid.org) is still down with no estimated
time for when it will be back up.  Apparently it's a file system problem
that is causing files to be unstable.

If you need to download NCL for a Linux / MacOS system, you can use conda:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/conda.shtml

If you are a Windows user or you don't want to use conda
​ and you need to download NCL now​
, then send me an email offline and be specific about what kind of system
you have, or, even better, what kind of binary you need. We will provide
you with an internal link for downloading the software.

I will send email back to ncl-install at ucar.edu when the system is up again.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience!