[ncl-install] NCL Installation failure in Ubuntu 18.04

Kevin Hallock hallock at ucar.edu
Wed Jun 6 07:49:40 MDT 2018

Hi Suma,

If you’re seeing the “ncl 0>” prompt after running the ncl command, then it seems like NCL is working. Were the issues you had in your original email only encountered when trying to use pre-compiled binaries, or did the same errors occur with the “software center” version?

If you continue to experience errors, could you please run the command “env | grep NCARG” and reply with the output? This will print all of the NCL-related environment variables that are set for your shell environment, which are occasionally set incorrectly by default on Ubuntu.

I hope this helps,
Kevin