[ncl-install] Some problems to install the last version of NCL

SILVANA BOLAÑOS CHAVARRÍA silvana.bolanos at udea.edu.co
Wed Jun 6 04:22:02 MDT 2018

Hello,

I need your help, I couldn't to install the new version on NCL in Ubuntu.

I tried but this message appears

 ./wget-download-20180605T162301Z-0600.sh
Running wget-download-20180605T162301Z-0600.sh version:
ncl_ncarg-6.4.0.tar.gz ...Downloading
--2018-06-06 11:32:16--
https://www.earthsystemgrid.org/api/v1/dataset/ncl.640.src/file/ncl_ncarg-6.4.0.tar.gz
Resolving www.earthsystemgrid.org (www.earthsystemgrid.org)...
128.117.225.30
Connecting to www.earthsystemgrid.org
(www.earthsystemgrid.org)|128.117.225.30|:443...
connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 401 Unauthorized

Username/Password Authentication Failed.
download failed

Already I registered.

Really I'm new in Ubuntu, so I tried to install with this one:
ncl_ncarg-6.4.0-CentOS6.8_64bit_gnu447.tar.gz
but I don't know how.

I tried with ncl_ncarg-6.4.0.tar.gz, and I follow the instructions, but
when I run ./Configure, appears this after a while
Enter local library search path(s) : /usr/X11R6/lib64
Enter Return (default), new directories, or q(quit) >
  *** Warning: </usr/X11R6/lib64> does not exist

So, it's sure that is something easy, but it's because I'm relatively new.

Can you help me please?
Thank you

--

"La información aquí contenida es para uso exclusivo de la persona o
entidad de destino. Está estrictamente prohibida su utilización, copia,