[ncl-install] Display Error NCL Install

Dave Allured - NOAA Affiliate dave.allured at noaa.gov
Tue Jul 10 14:19:33 MDT 2018

Noa Margalit,

Sorry, I missed something in your original message.  If you are running on
a remote machine via ssh, then the DISPLAY variable must be set on the
*remote* machine, in the same session in which you are running NCL.  Here
is a typical remote session for me:

mac56> ssh linux64

linux64:~ 1001> env | grep DISPLAY
DISPLAY=localhost:23.0

Note, this setting is independent from your local machine.  Once again,
your sys admin may be the best place for advice on the correct setting for
X11.

--Dave