[ncl-install] Regarding NCL 6.5.0 Installation

Kevin Hallock hallock at ucar.edu
Wed Aug 29 15:31:52 MDT 2018

Hi Surendra,

How did you install NCL 6.3.0? The method of uninstalling depends on how NCL was originally installed.

For example, if you installed NCL using a package manager like conda <http://ncl.ucar.edu/Download/conda.shtml>, you should be able to upgrade without uninstalling the older version.

If you installed NCL using a .tar.gz download <http://ncl.ucar.edu/Download/install_from_binary.shtml>, the NCL installation might installed into its own directory, which you would be able to delete once the new version is installed in its own new directory.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
Kevin