[ncl-install] Fwd: Problem Installing NCL on Windows 10 Linux Bash

SILVANA BOLAÑOS CHAVARRÍA silvana.bolanos at udea.edu.co
Wed Aug 1 13:25:32 MDT 2018

Hello,

Thanks !! that's worked, but I have another question, where I find these
files:   ~/.profile or ~/.bashrce ?, because since firefox window using the
Linux shell I don't know where are, but since windows I find these files
follow these instructions:

https://www.howtogeek.com/261383/how-to-access-your-ubuntu-bash-files-in-windows-and-your-windows-system-drive-in-bash/

So, if I add the lines

    export NCARG_ROOT=/usr/local/ncl-6.5.0

    export PATH=$NCARG_ROOT/bin:$PATH

and export DISPLAY=:0, since windows, ncl doesn't work, but if I try
to search the same files since Ubuntu or firefox using Linux bash, I
can't because it says 'Permission denied'.

So what can I do ?

Thanks,

El mar., 31 jul. 2018 a las 2:51, Folorunsho Akinleye (<
folorunshoakinleye at gmail.com>) escribió:

> Try sudo mkdir 'usr/local/ncl version '
>
> The sudo should grant it the permission to access the diresctory
>
> On Tue, Jul 31, 2018, 01:08 SILVANA BOLAÑOS CHAVARRÍA via ncl-install <
> ncl-install at ucar.edu> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>

>> I have a problem installing NCL through Linux bash Shell window, I’ve
>> done everything until the part to say Install NCL in the tutorial, but
>> after to download NCL since a browser window (Firefox) using the Linux
>> Shell,  I can’t do the commands
>>
>>     mkdir /usr/local/ncl-6.5.0
>>
>>     tar -zxf ~/Downloads/ncl_ncarg-6.5.0-Debian7.11_64bit_gnu472.tar.gz
>> -C /usr/local/ncl-6.5.0
>>
>> because when I try it, if firefox is running I can't do anything since
>> Ubuntu (Linux bash shell window), but if I stop the firefox and I write the
>> commands, these message appears:
>>
>>      mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/usr/local/ncl-6.5.0’: Permission
>> denied
>>

>> So I don't understand what I should do.
>>

>> Thank you, I'll be attentive
>>

>> "La información aquí contenida es para uso exclusivo de la persona o
>> entidad de destino. Está estrictamente prohibida su utilización, copia,
>> descarga, distribución, modificación y/o reproducción total o parcial, sin
>> el permiso expreso de Universidad de Antioquia, pues su contenido puede ser
>> de carácter confidencial y/o contener material privilegiado. Si usted
>> recibió esta información por error, por favor contacte en forma inmediata a
>> quien la envió y borre este material de su computador. Universidad de
>> Antioquia no es responsable por la información contenida en esta
>> comunicación, el directo responsable es quien la firma o el autor de la
>> misma."

Favor confirmar recibo de este mensaje.

--
Silvana Bolaños Chavarría
Ingeniera Ambiental

 Q Antes de imprimir este mensaje, asegúrate de que es necesario. Proteger
el medio ambiente está también en tu mano.