[ncl-install] Run NCL through NetBean

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Thu Sep 21 10:05:33 MDT 2017

Setting an environment variable is something you can add to one of your
"dot" files in your home directory.  Which "dot" file you add it to depends
on what files you have on your system.

Please see this section in our downloads page for how to set NCARG_ROOT:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/install.shtml#SetNCARG_ROOT

As for tying NetBeans with NCL 6.4.0, if you download the latest plugin
that Robert Redl has provided at:

http://plugins.netbeans.org/plugin/38897/?show=true

then it should recognize the new stuff added to NCL V6.4.0.

--Mary