[ncl-install] possible directory error in ncl-6.4.0 test script?

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Sun Oct 29 09:05:49 MDT 2017

Hi Sam,

There's definitely something off here.

>From your description, it sounds like you downloaded the gzipped tarfile
from the ESG and then probably extracted it somewhere.

Can you tell me how and where you extracted the files from the gzipped
tarfile?  Also, what does the following report (from the UNIX command line):

which ncl
env | grep NCARG
ncargpath lib
ncargpath ncarg

In general, when you install NCL, you should only need to set the
NCARG_ROOT environment variable.  The above commands will tell me if any
other NCARG_XXXX environment variables are being set. If you have any old
environment variables left over from a previous installation, then you may
need to change them, or not set them at all.

--Mary