[ncl-install] A problem about NCL installation on Mac system

Yunpeng Shan yunpengshan2014 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 09:45:10 MDT 2017

Hello,

I attempted to install a NCL 6.4.0 on my MacBook Pro. All of the
installation processes were successful. But when I run the ncl command, I
was informed by some warnings:

warning:Unable to load System Resource File /Users/yunpengshan/equipment/
researchtools/NCL640/bin/ncarg/sysresfile

warning:WorkstationClassInitialize:Unable to access rgb color database -
named colors unsupported:[errno=2]

warning:["Palette.c":1850]:NhlLoadColormapFiles: Invalid colormap
directory: /Users/yunpengshan/equipment/researchtools/NCL640/bin/
ncarg/colormaps

I checked the path in bin/ there is no a folder named ncarg or colormaps.

Please help me to solve such a problem.

Thank you very much for your help.

With best wishes

Yunpeng Shan