[ncl-install] Update from ncl 6.3.0 to 6.4.0

JeremyWinick winickjr at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 11:43:10 MST 2017

The Ubuntu package for ncl-ncarg is an older version (v6.3.0) that does
work and obviously is easy to install. It puts files in places that
conform with the Ubuntu/Linux standard which IS NOT where an install
supported by the NCL team would put them. This can cause confusion with
environmental variables and the like, and also means you don't get any
updates unless someone creates an Ubuntu (.deb) package and uploads it
to one of the trusted Ubuntu repositories. If you do install a later
package (v 6.4.0) as suggested below, you will either have to remove the
one installed via the Ubuntu package manager, or be careful about how
your paths are defined.

Jeremy