[ncl-install] ncl_filedump and ncl_convert2nc problem

Kevin Hallock hallock at ucar.edu
Wed May 17 16:25:59 MDT 2017

Hi Oscar,

How did you install NCL on your machine? Are you using binaries from our website <https://www.earthsystemgrid.org/dataset/ncl.640.html>? Is NCL able to run without setting any DYLD_* environment variables?

The GCC/GFortran packages we recommend in our documentation <http://ncl.ucar.edu/Download/macosx.shtml#InstallCompilers> installs to /usr/local by default, and that appears to be the prefix of the missing library:
> dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libgomp.1.dylib

I’m surprised that NCL is somehow working, but ncargpath isn’t.

Kevin