[ncl-install] ncl_filedump and ncl_convert2nc problem

Oscar Chimborazo ochimborazo at gmail.com
Wed May 17 10:43:32 MDT 2017

Hi folks,

I installed NCL 6.4.0 on Mac OSX Sierra. NCL is working fine with the
scripts, however when I want to use the tools ncl_filedump or
ncl_convert2nc, I get this:

dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libgomp.1.dylib
  Referenced from: /opt/ncl-6.4.0/bin/ncargpath
  Reason: image not found
Abort
if: Missing file name.

I set the environment like this:

export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/local/lib/gcc5

I also tried with this environment:

export DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/local/lib/gcc5

It didn't work. Also, I tried to test the installation of NCL with the
commands:
ng4ex gsun01n -clean
ncargex cpex08 -clean

And I get something similar except for the last line:

dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libgomp.1.dylib
  Referenced from: /opt/ncl-6.4.0/bin/ncargpath
  Reason: image not found
Abort

But as I mentioned before, the strange thing is that NCL 6.4.0 is working
fine with my scripts.

Oscar