[ncl-install] Problems build ncl 6.4.0 on Archlinux

Kevin Hallock hallock at ucar.edu
Tue May 16 22:30:03 MDT 2017

Xavier,

Thanks for the tips!

I had to make two modifications, but I was eventually able to build ncl.

First, g2clib had a typo in its PKGBUILD, so neither jasper nor libpng were installed. I wrote a comment on the g2clib AUR page, so hopefully the maintainer will fix this soon. I also added szip as a dependency in the ncl PKGBUILD.

Then…
[root at chroot /]# ncl
 Copyright (C) 1995-2017 - All Rights Reserved
 NCAR Command Language Version 6.4.0
 The use of this software is governed by a License Agreement.
 See http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/ for more details.
ncl 0>

Thanks again for maintaining the ncl package!

Kevin