[ncl-install] Problems build ncl 6.4.0 on Archlinux

Xavier Corredor Llano xcorredorl at unal.edu.co
Tue May 16 18:13:11 MDT 2017

On Tuesday, 16 May 2017 15:29:56 -05 David Brown wrote:
> Hi Xavier,
> Try adding this patch to NclNewHDF5.c. I think it may fix your problem.
>
>  -dave

Hi David and Kevin,

Thanks for all your help, finally (after some fixed with some flags and
others...) I can build ncl with hdf5 1.10.x, adding -DH5Rdereference_vers=1 in
make, thus:

make Build CCOPTIONS="-DH5Rdereference_vers=1 ...."

Thanks David for the patch maybe it is a alternative for it, I will prove it
if my option fails. You can see the complete instructions for build in
ArchiLinux here:

https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/tree/PKGBUILD?h=ncl

Could you ask a favor, Kevin? can you test it packages? For me build without
any errors in clean chroot.

Thanks, regards!
Xavier Corredor Ll