[ncl-install] NCL binaries for Ubuntu

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Wed Mar 22 08:19:15 MDT 2017

Bakri,

When you say it doesn't work, can you be more specific?  What are you
typing, and what is the error message?

Usually the issue with NCL not working when you first install it is because
the NCARG_ROOT environment variable is either not set, or not set
correctly, and/or your PATH environment variable hasn't been updated. S

Since you used "apt-get" to install NCL, it is additionally supposed to set
the NCARG_NCARG environment variable.

You can help me check into this by typing the following from a UNIX
terminal window and sending me the output, including all error messages, if
any:

env | grep NCARG
echo $PATH
which ncl