[ncl-install] Compiling issues 6.4.0, PGI on Cray

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Wed Jun 28 10:59:50 MDT 2017

Are you able to open the agex01.pdf file?  It should like like the file
that is attached.

I don't know what "ieee_inexact is signaling" is.  This is a PGI error. I
just googled it, and it seems to come from the STOP statement in agex01.f.
You can try this:

ncargex agex01 -W pdf -n

This simply copies the program to your current directory, but doesn't run
it.

Then, edit the agex01.f file and remove the STOP line.

Compile and run the agex01.f program with:

ncargf77 -o agex01 agex01.f
./agex01

This should produce a cairo1.pdf file (not an agex01.pdf) file.  Have a
look at this file and see if it looks like the file I attached.

If you want to see if an X11 window output works, try this:

 ncargex agex01 -W x11 -clean

Instead of a PDF file, you should see a window pop up with a plot that
looks like the agex02.pdf file.  To make this "x11" window go away, click
on it with your left mouse button.
--Mary