[ncl-install] NCL Error Qusetion

Wang Zhuoyue yuhkikuramoto at outlook.com
Tue Jul 18 00:17:56 MDT 2017

Hello,

I recently installed NCL 6.3.0 on my mac, when I try to use the example that can re-grid CMIP5 data to common gird, some error comes to me follows by:

dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _GOMP_parallel
  Referenced from: /usr/local/bin/ncl
  Expected in: /usr/local/lib/libgomp.1.dylib

dyld: Symbol not found: _GOMP_parallel
  Referenced from: /usr/local/bin/ncl
  Expected in: /usr/local/lib/libgomp.1.dylib

Here is some additional info:
OS X 10.10.5
which nil /usr/local/bin/ncl
ncl -v 6.3.0
which gcc /opt/local/bin/gcc
which fortran /opt/local/bin/gfortran
gcc -v gcc (MacPorts gcc49 4.9.4_1) 4.9.4

I firstly search for this problem and find that Mrs.Mary suggested to install higher gcc version, my mac was using clang 4.2.1 before I followed Mrs.Mary’s suggestion. When I finally install the 4.9.4 version of gcc, I find that nothing changed, it remains two error above. I was confused, why
I installed higher version of gcc, it still cannot work. Fortunately, I use the same data and same .ncl in my laptop with Ubuntu system, it works well and it’s gcc version was 4.6.3

Any help is appreciated!

Wang