[ncl-install] (no subject)

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Tue Jan 31 21:27:30 MST 2017

Karimar,

You need to extract the NCL software from this *.tar gz file wherever you
want the software installed, set NCARG_ROOT environment variable to this
path, and then add $NCARG_ROOT/bin to your search path.

For full instructions, see the steps 1 through 5 at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/install.shtml

If this is too complicated, then you can instead try downloading the conda
version of NCL. Instructions can be found at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/conda.shtml

--Mary