[ncl-install] NCL Ubuntu

HAVENER, KEVIN F GS-12 USAF ACC 14 WS/WXED kevin.havener at us.af.mil
Tue Jan 17 13:51:33 MST 2017

But did you 'sudo apt-get remove ncl-ncarg'?  That should rid you of your 6.1.2 install.  Then install by your method of choice.  I guarantee if you go through the conda install process as documented, then source activate the environment, it won't conflict with 6.1.2 if you still really need it.  Be aware that anaconda or preferably miniconda will install a python environment in your home dir, so you will have to export that python environment to your path.  I do this on a per terminal basis using an alias, then source activate the ncl environment.  That way, miniconda python doesn't hijack my python environment.  Anaconda/minconda will offer you the option to let it prepend itself to your path.  I just say no here, because I have another python environment I choose to use for the time being by default.

Kevin Havener