[ncl-install] Error while using pre-compiled NCL binaries

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Mon Jan 2 07:02:28 MST 2017

Sagar,

The error message is telling you exactly what the problem is.  The second
argument ("field") to wrf_write_wps_int must be 9 or fewer characters.

I'm not sure why this restriction is in place, but I do know that the
underlying Fortran routine that this function is based on also has the same
restriction.

You can learn more about this format from this link:

http://www2.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/OnLineTutorial/Basics/IM_files/IM_wps.htm

I've CC'ed wrfhelp in case they want to add more to my answer.

--Mary