[ncl-install] troubleshoot NCL / NCAR graphics installation (Mac 10.11.6)

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Mon Feb 27 14:53:24 MST 2017

Hi Justin,

As Dennis pointed out offline, we are releasing NCL V6.4.0 in the next
couple of days, so you may want to wait until then before installing NCL.

However, you will still run into the same issue with the new release,
because it also has a dependency on "libgomp.1.dylib". So, you might as
well fix this issue and make sure that it works with NCL V6.3.0, and you
will then be ready with V6.4.0 comes out.

Please see this documentation which explains how to deal with this issue:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/macosx.shtml#MissingLibs

Basically, you need to download gfortran from hpc.sourceforge.net, which
will give you the gomp library.

--Mary