[ncl-install] Error message: fatal:Could not open ($NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/contributed.ncl)

Thomas, Rebecca T r.thomas14 at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Feb 16 02:59:03 MST 2017

Hi Mary,

Yes, I also thought that might be the issue too but I checked and its definitely there (I also checked permissions and they are all fine):

ls $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/
ccm_func.ncl
contributed.ncl
diagnostics_cam.ncl
gsn_code.ncl
gsn_csm.ncl
popRemap.ncl
shea_util.ncl
skewt_func.ncl
wind_rose.ncl

I’ve been told the reason I can use ncl v 6.3 is because:
                         A missing "undef" before the declaration of the function "mreg_part_corr" in the NCL library “$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/shea_util.ncl” causes the ESMValTool to crash when this library is loaded more than once within the same execution. This unfortunately happens quite often within the tool, since libraries can be loaded multiple times within the various scripts.

If this is something that has been fixed in version 6.4, then I’m happy to wait until that’s released (apparently sometime this month), and hopefully the issue I’m having will fix itself?

Thanks,

Rebecca