[ncl-install] Error message: fatal:Could not open ($NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/contributed.ncl)

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Wed Feb 15 13:23:24 MST 2017

Hi Rebecca,

This may seem like a "is it plugged in" kind of question, but is there
actually a contributed.ncl file in that directory?

ls $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/contributed.ncl

NCL Version 6.2.1 should definitely have that file, but you didn't say how
you installed NCL, and it's possible that your "ncarg" directory got
installed somewhere other than in $NCARG_ROOT/lib.

--Mary