[ncl-install] Error message: fatal:Could not open ($NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/contributed.ncl)

HAVENER, KEVIN F GS-12 USAF ACC 14 WS/WXED kevin.havener at us.af.mil
Wed Feb 15 06:16:39 MST 2017

I would export you NCARG environment in .bashrc not .bash_profile.   In my experience, I've been bitten too many times by the the fact that the .bash_profile belongs to login shells, and .bashrc is more general applying to subshells and such.  So in my .bash_profile II just tend to source my .bshrc and keep my configuration there.

Kevin Havener