[ncl-install] ncl-install

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Wed Dec 27 13:36:37 MST 2017

The screen shot was incomplete, so I'm not sure what the problem is or what
the error is.

I see that you have a .bashrc file in your home directory. I believe you
just need to add these two lines to the end of file:

export NCARG_ROOT=/Hassan4426/local
export PATH=$NCARG_ROOT/bin:$PATH

Then, log out and log back in to see if NCL works.  You can test NCL by
running this sample program:

ng4ex xy01n -clean

This should cause a window to pop up with an XY plot.  Click on this window
with your left mouse button and it will go away.

If you have trouble, please review this page to make sure you have done
everything correctly:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/install.shtml

--Mary