[ncl-install] another instance of "possible directory error in ncl-6.4.0 test script?"

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Mon Dec 18 14:24:45 MST 2017

Robyn,

It looks like you have two installations of NCL on your system: an older
version installed to /usr that was likely installed by "yum" or "apt-get",
and one installed to /opt/ncl-6.4.0.

The older installation likely caused the environment variable NCARG_NCARG
to be set to /usr/share/ncarg, which you no longer want.

To fix this, make sure that NCARG_ROOT is the *only* NCARG_XXXX environment
variable you are setting. You can verify this by typing from a terminal
window:

env | grep NCARG

If you see something like this:

NCARG_NCARG=/usr/share/ncarg

then edit whatever .xxxx file in your home directory is setting this, and
remove the setting or comment it out. If there are any other ones other
than NCARG_ROOT, then comment or remove these as well.

Then, log out and log back in to see if you can now run the "ng4ex xy01n
-clean" command.

--Mary