[ncl-install] install ncl

Kevin Hallock hallock at ucar.edu
Fri Dec 1 15:24:27 MST 2017

Hello,

Unfortunately, NCAR policies do not allow NCL developers to remotely access users’ machines. However, I will do my best to help you get NCL installed.

Could you please describe the steps you’ve tried so far? Are you trying to install an NCL binary release from our website <http://ncl.ucar.edu/Download/>? Are you trying to build from source code? Are you using the “conda” package manager?

You mentioned that you’re trying to install NCL 6.3.0; NCL 6.4.0 has been available for 9 months and is a recommended upgrade over 6.3.0.

I believe that the ncl_ncarg-6.4.0-SUSE12.1_64bit_intel1603.tar.gz release is most likely to be compatible (but not guaranteed) with OpenSuse Tumbleweed: https://www.earthsystemgrid.org/dataset/ncl.640.dap/file.html <https://www.earthsystemgrid.org/dataset/ncl.640.dap/file.html>

Installation instructions can be found on our website: http://ncl.ucar.edu/Download/ <http://ncl.ucar.edu/Download/>

I hope this helps,
Kevin