[ncl-install] Problem after installation of NCL6.4.0

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Tue Aug 29 07:31:13 MDT 2017

Dear Yueyue Yu,

This is a known problem in NCL V6.4.0, but it's easy to fix (it has already
been fixed for the next release of NCL).

The issue happens when you call gsn_panel to panel XY plots, and are also
setting gsnPanelLabelBar to True. gsnPanelLabelBar is not recognized for XY
plots, so don't set this resource at all.

If this is not the cause of your problem, then please follow up to
ncl-install at ucar.edu, but provide more information about your script.

Thank you,

--Mary