[ncl-install] help urgently

Kevin Hallock hallock at ucar.edu
Tue Aug 22 11:26:43 MDT 2017

Hi,

The “ncl_ncarg-6.4.0.tar.gz” tarball you downloaded contains NCL source code, which can be difficult to compile.

You might want to try downloading the “ncl_ncarg-6.4.0-Debian7.11_32bit_gnu472.tar.gz” precompiled binary release: https://www.earthsystemgrid.org/dataset/ncl.640.dap/file.html <https://www.earthsystemgrid.org/dataset/ncl.640.dap/file.html>

Debian 7.11 and Ubuntu 14.04 are similar operating systems, although there may be some additional dependencies you’ll need to install.

There are installation instructions on the page you linked to below: https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/install.shtml <https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/install.shtml>

I hope this helps!
Kevin